Victoria Monet’s Personal Life, Siblings, Parents, Husband, Boyfriend, Kids, Other Family and Dating History
Victoria Monet’s mother is L’Tanya Chestang-Cubit, and her father’s name is not publicly known. She also has a half-brother named Michael Cubit Jr.
Victoria Monet has one daughter, Hazel Monet Gaines, who was born on February 21, 2021. Hazel became the youngest Grammy Awards nominee in history for her laughter on “Hollywood”, nominated for Best Traditional R&B Performance at the 66th Annual Grammy Awards.
- Boyfriend: Victoria Monet is currently in a relationship with John Gaines, a fitness trainer. The couple is not married, but they have expressed their desire to get married in the future.
- Dating History: Victoria Monet has also not publicly shared her dating history.
Early Life and Family
Victoria Monet was born Victoria Monet McCants on May 1, 1989, in Atlanta, Georgia. She moved to Sacramento, California, with her family when she was young.
She is multiracial, with African American and Louisiana Creole ancestry. Her mother is L’Tanya Chestang-Cubit and also her father is Richard McCants. She also has a half-brother named Michael Cubit Jr.
Monet’s grandmother, Cassaundria Lovett, was a singer and also a major influence on her musical career. She also began singing in church and in school plays at a young age.
Monet came out as bisexual in 2018. In December 2020, she announced that she was pregnant with her first child.
On February 21, 2021, she gave birth to her daughter, Hazel Monét Gaines. Hazel also became the youngest Grammy Awards nominee in history for her laughter on “Hollywood,” which was also nominated for Best Traditional R&B Performance at the 66th Annual Grammy Awards.
Monet’s partner is John Gaines, a fitness trainer.
- She is also close to her extended family, including her cousins and aunts and uncles.
- Monet has not publicly shared much information about her dating history prior to her relationship with John Gaines.
- Monet is also currently in a relationship with John Gaines, the father of her daughter.