Kieran Trippier’s Biography, Nationality, Age, Properties, Weight, Height, Records, Lifestyle, and Hobbies
Kieran Trippier is an English professional footballer who currently plays as a right back for Spanish club Atlético Madrid and the England national team. Known for his exceptional crossing ability, powerful long throws, and set-piece delivery, Trippier has established himself as one of the world’s best full-backs.
Born on October 19, 1990, Trippier’s passion for the sport was evident from a young age, honed on the streets and parks of his Lancashire hometown.
Trippier’s talent didn’t go unnoticed. He joined Manchester City’s youth academy at the tender age of nine, showcasing his dedication and exceptional technique. Loan spells at Barnsley and Burnley in the lower leagues allowed him to gain valuable experience and refine his skills. It was at Burnley that his potential truly blossomed. His pinpoint crosses and deadly set-piece deliveries became his trademarks, transforming him into one of the Championship’s most exciting young players.
In 2015, Trippier’s performances caught the eye of Tottenham Hotspur, who brought him to the Premier League. In North London, his talent reached new heights. He formed a potent partnership with Christian Eriksen, his pinpoint crosses finding Harry Kane’s head with uncanny accuracy. His consistent brilliance earned him a call-up to the England national team, also quickly becoming a mainstay in Gareth Southgate’s squad.
The 2018 World Cup marked a turning point in Trippier’s career. His audacious free-kick against Croatia in the semi-final solidified his status as a national hero, etched forever in English footballing lore. Though heartbreakingly denied a place in the final, Trippier’s performances showcased his world-class ability to the global stage.
Despite the controversies surrounding his betting suspension in 2019, Trippier’s commitment and talent proved unwavering. His move to Atlético Madrid in 2019 also marked a new chapter in his career. Under the tutelage of Diego Simeone, his tactical discipline and defensive acumen further flourished. He seamlessly adapted to the demanding La Liga style, becoming a key cog in Atleti’s title-winning machine in 2023.
32 years old (born October 19, 1990)
Trippier reportedly owns a luxurious mansion in Alderley Edge, Cheshire, England. The property boasts six bedrooms, a swimming pool, and a home cinema. He also has a number of apartments and investments in Spain.
Weight and Height:
Trippier is listed at 1.73 meters (5 ft 8 in) tall and weighs around 70 kg (154 lbs).
- Most assists for a defender in a Premier League season (10): Achieved in the 2019/20 season while playing for Tottenham Hotspur.
- Most assists for a defender in a single La Liga match (2): Achieved in February 2023 while playing for Atlético Madrid.
- Only Englishman to score in a World Cup semi-final since Bobby Charlton in 1966: Scored a free-kick against Croatia in the 2018 World Cup semi-final.
Trippier enjoys a luxurious lifestyle, often spotted vacationing in exotic locations with his family and also friends. He is also a car enthusiast and owns a collection of high-end vehicles.
When not on the pitch, Trippier enjoys playing golf, spending time with his family, and following other sports like boxing and cricket.
- Trippier began his professional career with Manchester City but made his name at Burnley before moving to Tottenham Hotspur in 2015.
- In 2019, Trippier was banned for 10 months for breaching betting regulations. However, he successfully appealed the ban and was able to resume his career.
- He is married to Charlotte Trippier and they have two children.