Walt Disney’s Personal Life, Siblings, Parents, Wife, Girlfriend, Kids, Other Family And Dating History
Walt Disney was born on December 5, 1901, in Chicago, Illinois. He was the fourth of five children born to Elias and Flora Disney. The family moved to Marceline, Missouri, when Walt was four years old. It was in Marceline that Walt developed his love of drawing and storytelling.
In 1911, the Disney family moved to Kansas City, Missouri. Walt attended McKinley High School, where he participated in the school newspaper and the drama club. He also began working part-time as a commercial artist.
Walt Disney had four siblings: Roy, Ruth, Herbert, and Raymond.
- Roy O. Disney was Walt’s older brother and business partner. He was the co-founder of Walt Disney Productions and served as the company’s president and CEO from 1945 to 1971. Roy was a shrewd businessman and was responsible for much of the company’s financial success. He was also a close confidant to Walt and supported him throughout his career.
- Ruth Disney was Walt’s oldest sister. She was a homemaker and raised two children. Ruth was very supportive of Walt’s career and often helped him with his work.
- Herbert Disney was Walt’s second-oldest brother. He worked for Walt Disney Productions for a number of years, but he eventually left to pursue his own business interests.
- Raymond Disney was Walt’s younger brother. He died at the age of 16 from complications of pneumonia. Raymond’s death was a devastating blow to Walt and it had a profound impact on him.
Walt Disney’s parents were Elias and Flora Disney.
- Elias Disney was a farmer and businessman. He was a strict and demanding father, but he also loved and supported his children. Walt inherited his father’s work ethic and determination.
- Flora Disney was a homemaker and devoted mother.
Walt Disney was married to Lillian Bounds Disney from 1925 until his death in 1966.
- Lillian Bounds Disney was a talented artist and animator. She met Walt in 1924 while they were both working at the Winkler Productions animation studio. Lillian was Walt’s biggest supporter and she played a vital role in the success of Walt Disney Productions.
Walt Disney had two daughters with Lillian Bounds Disney: Diane and Sharon.
- Diane Disney Miller was adopted by Walt and Lillian in 1933. She was a successful businesswoman and philanthropist. Diane was also a strong advocate for the arts and education.
- Sharon Disney Lund was adopted by Walt and Lillian in 1936. She was a writer and actress. Sharon was also a dedicated philanthropist and supported a number of charitable causes.
Walt Disney had a close relationship with his extended family, including his siblings, parents, and in-laws. He also had a number of close friends and colleagues.
- Some of Walt Disney’s closest friends included Ub Iwerks, Les Clark, and Fred Moore. These were all talented artists and animators who played a key role in the development of Disney’s early films.
- Walt Disney also had a close relationship with his in-laws, Charles and Charlotte Bounds. Charles was a successful businessman and Charlotte was a homemaker. They were very supportive of Walt and Lillian’s marriage and they played an active role in their lives.
Walt Disney’s only known girlfriend was Lillian Bounds Disney. They met in 1924 and were married in 1925. Walt and Lillian had a loving and supportive relationship throughout their lives.