Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Police Investigate Coach Over Alleged Sodomy, 16-Year-Old Victim Dead
    • Parliament Vets Justice Baffoe-Bonnie …Despite Minority’s Objection
    • August Helicopter Crash: Full Report To Be Out On Tuesday
    • Mahama schools journalists on news reportage
    • John Boadu Runs For NPP National Chairman
    • Lands Commission Confirms Land Belongs To Tang Wei, NOT Panbros
    • MP Dragged To Court Over Mob Assault On Soldiers
    • Annoh-Dompreh Fires Absentee Ministers
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube
    InsightNewsgh.ComInsightNewsgh.Com
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Sports
    InsightNewsgh.ComInsightNewsgh.Com
    Home»News»Boy, 7, Drowns in Manhole
    News

    Boy, 7, Drowns in Manhole

    Insight NewsBy Insight NewsOctober 29, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    A seven-year-old boy, identified as Ebenezer Nyamekye Mensah, has drowned after falling into a water-filled manhole pit at Abuom Redtop, near the West Hills Mall in Accra.

    The tragic incident occurred on Sunday, October 26, 2025. According to a statement released by the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS) on Monday, October 27, 2025, the Kasoa Fire Station received a distress call about the incident and immediately dispatched a rescue team to the scene.

    The rescue team arrived at approximately 3:45 p.m. and began search and rescue operations. After an intensive search, firefighters successfully retrieved the lifeless body of the young boy from the water-filled manhole pit. The remains were later handed over to the police and conveyed to the Weija-Gbawe Municipal Hospital morgue for preservation and further investigation.

    “After an intensive search, the team successfully retrieved the lifeless body of the boy from a dug manhole pit filled with water. The remains were handed over to the police and later conveyed to the Weija-Gbawe Municipal Hospital morgue for further investigation into the circumstances surrounding the incident,” the GNFS statement said.

    Eyewitnesses told officials that the victim had been playing in the area with his brother when the tragic event occurred. Residents expressed shock and sadness over the incident, describing it as a heartbreaking loss that could have been prevented if the manhole had been properly covered.

    In its statement, the Ghana National Fire Service extended its condolences to the bereaved family and urged parents and guardians to keep a close eye on their children, especially around open or unsafe areas. The Service also appealed to residents, developers, and contractors to take safety measures seriously by covering or fencing all open pits, manholes, and water-filled excavations in their communities.

    “The Ghana National Fire Service extends its heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family and urges the public, particularly parents and guardians, to closely monitor children and ensure that open pits, manholes, and water-filled excavations within communities are properly secured to prevent similar tragedies,” the statement added.

    The GNFS emphasized that public safety is a shared responsibility and encouraged community members to report any uncovered pits or dangerous construction sites to the appropriate authorities to help prevent future accidents.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
    Insight News
    • Website

    INSIGHTNEWSGH seeks to give readers balanced, credible and neutral news from across Ghana and the world. We cover News, Politics, Business, Entertainment, Sports, among others.

    Related Posts

    Police Investigate Coach Over Alleged Sodomy, 16-Year-Old Victim Dead

    November 10, 2025

    Parliament Vets Justice Baffoe-Bonnie …Despite Minority’s Objection

    November 10, 2025

    August Helicopter Crash: Full Report To Be Out On Tuesday

    November 10, 2025

    Comments are closed.

    ADVERTISEMENT
    Health Tips
    LATEST STORIES

    Police Investigate Coach Over Alleged Sodomy, 16-Year-Old Victim Dead

    November 10, 2025

    Parliament Vets Justice Baffoe-Bonnie …Despite Minority’s Objection

    November 10, 2025

    August Helicopter Crash: Full Report To Be Out On Tuesday

    November 10, 2025

    Mahama schools journalists on news reportage

    November 10, 2025

    John Boadu Runs For NPP National Chairman

    November 10, 2025
    POPULAR

    Police Investigate Coach Over Alleged Sodomy, 16-Year-Old Victim Dead

    November 10, 2025

    Parliament Vets Justice Baffoe-Bonnie …Despite Minority’s Objection

    November 10, 2025

    August Helicopter Crash: Full Report To Be Out On Tuesday

    November 10, 2025

    Mahama schools journalists on news reportage

    November 10, 2025

    John Boadu Runs For NPP National Chairman

    November 10, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions
    • Disclaimer
    • Buy Adspace
    • Buy Adspace
    • Hide Ads for Premium Members
    © 2025 Insight News GH.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.